!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Saturday, June 03, 2006
Me too! Me too!
Hi! I'm Sarah Kivell. I happened to stumble across this website when reading a recent e-mail from Emergent Village. I'm excited to begin journeying with you all as we learn how to live this life the way God intended. Thanks for including me.

I'm 27 years old, and reside in Waterloo, Ontario...not too far from you, Lydia! I've been married to my hubby, Benjamin, for almost seven years now. (No, no kids yet....a question I get asked frequently!) ;) (Want to get into my head, check out my blog at http://sarahsrevista.blogspot.com)

I am currently on staff at two church plants that are interconnected, called The Embassy and Elevation. The Embassy, which commensed almost eight years ago, is a student church that started at the University of Waterloo. Four years after it started, the students who were with us from the beginning started graduating, getting married and having kids, so what else could we do but start a family church as well? We called it Embassy Unplugged at the beginning, but now its Elevation.

Along with leading worship with my husband at The Embassy, I have also intiated and coordinated it's "small group ministry". At Elevation, I am the "Service and Worship Coordinator" (and still trying to figure out what that means exactly).

I guess I'd call myself "emerging" in some ways, although I don't really like the label. Yet for the sake of dialogue, I do think we need to put names and words to what it is we are experiencing and learning. I'm all up for that.

I'd really like to hear from all of you ladies, what kind of experiences you've had in the church when it comes to "women in ministry"? What challenges have you faced, or are currently facing in your faith community? What kind of changes do you forsee in order that women can excel at leading others in the church?

Looking forward to learning and growing with you!
 
posted by Sarah Kivell at 6:36 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments: