Howdy, all. I've been meaning to post the resources that were recommended in my discussion circles at the Emergent Women's Re-Gathering. Some of my notes were somewhat illegible, so if these don't make sense or if you have corrections/additions/reasons why we should look at them, please comment. Thanks!
Women authors that you might want to check out:
- Phylis Tickle- emergent writer.
- Phylis Trible- theologian.
- Marva Dawn - I wrote this down wrong...anyone know to whom this is probably referring?
- Patricia Gundry -
- Passingthru - blog about writing a book (anyone have a link?)
- Miraim Butler Conrad - She was at the retreat and she made us laugh. And think.
- Kenda Creasy Dean - Theologian, youth specialist
Books that might be useful where you're at:
- Breakout Churches: Discover how to make the leap, by Thom Rainer- book about when churches endure a pastoral crisis, yet live on and grow.
- Orbiting the Giant Hairball: A corporate fool's guide to surviving with grace, by Gordon MacKenzie - on being creative within a bureaucratic organization
- Church of Irresistable Influence, by Robert Lewis & Rob Wilkins
- Streams of Living Water, by Richard Foster - on traditions of spiritual practice
- Bird by Bird, by Ann Lamott - about writing
- Radiant magazine - gal-oriented equivalent of Relevant.
- For more titles, check out the Christians for Biblical Equality bookstore
Movies that we're watching and discussing: