!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Friday, May 19, 2006
Welcome
Welcome emerging women!

Right away there are issues. Who are the emerging women? What defines an emerging woman? Those are questions I won’t even attempt to answer on my own. I hope as a community we will gather together to use our voice within this emerging conversation. Why? Because we need each other, because our voice is not always heard, because we have voices that need to be heard.

I envision this space as a gathering place of sorts for women with some connection to the emerging conversation. It can be used to discuss ideas, theology, philosophy, and praxis. It can be a space to share frustrations as a woman, as a believer, or as an emerging thinker. It can be a place to share what you have written, to ask questions, to share experiences, recommend books, to encourage and give advice, or whatever we feel like making it. I hope we will use it and gain and grow from it.

The space is open to whoever desires to post and join the conversation. I encourage anyone interested to add comments, to respond, and get the conversation going. If you desire to be a member of this blog and/or post new topics please email Julie at ShalomMJC@msn.com. Also, if you want your blog, related website, or church added to the links email me as well.

Blessings and Shalom
Julie

Labels:

 
posted by Julie at 6:43 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


4 Comments:


  • At 5/19/2006 11:03:00 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Thanks for posting this blog for us, Julie. What a great idea! I've got so many thoughts swimming around in my head since the conference, and it's been tough to get a handle on all of them. It's good that we have this tool now to stay connected and help each other put feet to our visions.

     
  • At 5/20/2006 06:42:00 PM, Blogger the holly

    thanks for starting this, julie! i blog at happydaydeadfish.blogspot.com. i'll be checking out what is going on here!

    since i wasn't at the conference, i'd love to hear a bit more of what transpired!

    peace,
    holly

     
  • At 5/21/2006 02:57:00 PM, Blogger Julie

    Welcome all so far! Thanks for sharing stories. I hope we can gather here and hear about each other's stories as we go along. I'll post some of my thoughts on the ReGathering as a jumping off point for discussion about it.

     
  • At 5/21/2006 03:01:00 PM, Blogger Julie

    Oh - I know many of us have blogs/websites and are connected to emergingish churches. Let me know if you would like me to add those on the link section of the blog. I don't want to send member invites or add links unless people ask me to... so just ask...