!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Monday, May 22, 2006
My Introduction
I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself. Some of the Emergent Women bloggers and readers may know me, but there are others whom I haven't met yet.

So, hi. I'm Lydia. I'm 22, married, and live in Toronto. My personal blog is here. I don't usually talk about matters of faith on that blog. I think I'll enjoy talking about it with everyone here.

I spent the first 17 years of my life as a PK. Most of our churches were of the Charismatic/Pentecostal strain. My parents led or helped to lead about six churches during my childhood, two of which they planted themselves. Of these six, we "buried" two and were fired from a third. I say "we" because while only my father was on the official payroll, more often than not pastoring is a family occupation. More on that later.

I now identify much more strongly with my Mennonite/Anabaptist heritage. I'm a pretty introverted person who prefers quiet contemplation to the wild whooping and hollering that can often be found in Charismatic worship. ;)

I look forward to getting to know everyone.
 
posted by Lydia at 9:57 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


4 Comments: