!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Monday, May 22, 2006
Following Lydia's Lead
My name's Jackie. I'm 30 years old (will turn 31 on 15 July) and live in the Netherlands at the moment. My future beyond mid-July is somewhat up in the air, although the path ahead is beginning to clear. I'm a mission worker here, a house of hospitality and drop-in center in Almere, a new city east of Amsterdam known for its funky architecture and rapid growth. At the moment I'm sitting at a computer here, a wonderful community that has welcomed me with open arms while some of my visa problems get sorted out across the chunnel.

I learned about this blog through the ooze, an online community in which I participate on a somewhat ad hoc basis. Others of the contributors here, including Lydia and Julie, are regulars. I also blog occasionally here, although a quick scroll down the page will speak volumes about my definition of the word 'occasionally.'

My interests include biblical studies, feminist theology, urban mission, asset-based community development, Dutch language and culture, writing creative non-fiction, reading almost anything, playing the clarinet, riding my bike, John Denver, and the color orange.

Recent obsessions include the London theatre and museum scene, watching and discussing films with my housemates, and playing German board games like this one.

Lydia is my neice. Her mother is my sister. Hi Lydia!

I am very much looking forward to getting to know you all.
 
posted by Jackie at 5:06 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


5 Comments:


  • At 5/23/2006 05:50:00 AM, Blogger Jackie

    John Denver fans of the world UNITE!

    Have you discovered this JD tune yet, the ultimate in optimism?

    'Love is everywhere,
    I see it!
    You are all that you can be,
    Go on and be it!
    Life is perfect,
    I believe it!
    Come and play the game with me.'

    I'm jealous of your explorations in vinyl! Would love to own some JD vinyl but alas, CD's are all I have.

    :)

     
  • At 5/23/2006 08:27:00 AM, Blogger Julie

    thanks for the intro

     
  • At 5/24/2006 12:20:00 AM, Blogger Charlotte Wyncoop

    Hmmm, I like to collect old records...but I don't have any John Denver sorry!

     
  • At 5/24/2006 10:11:00 AM, Blogger Lydia

    Hi Jackie. :)

     
  • At 5/24/2006 08:04:00 PM, Blogger Tammy

    i'm impressed with all the young female leaders here.

    i'm gonna be watching this blog with great interest ...

    (Lydia's mom and Jackie's sister, but most of all, I'm just me. :D )