!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Thursday, June 01, 2006
Introduction
I wanted to introduce myself to the rest of the group. I am an ELCA Pastor, living in a suburb of Detroit, MI. I am 52 years old, married and have 2 children, 3 stepchildren and 1 step-grandchild. I have been a pastor for 22 years as of today (June 1).

It has been a source of great encouragement to me to read the blogs here and to participate on the various Emerging Church websites. A few years ago I was led to participate in a Transformational Leaders' group and introduced to at least a portion of the "idea" of emerging Christian leaders. It was a life changing experience. Finally, after all this time in ministry I didn't feel as though I was a Martian among humans. Knowing that this sort of movement is out there is comforting and exciting. More to come-and I look forward to the conversation.
 
posted by Mary at 11:28 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


6 Comments:


  • At 6/01/2006 11:55:00 AM, Blogger Adrienne

    Hi MiMom!

     
  • At 6/01/2006 11:56:00 AM, Blogger Adrienne

    Excuse me, hi Mary! :)

     
  • At 6/01/2006 12:14:00 PM, Blogger confidentlycreative

    Wow - it's good to see an ECLA women pastor - i have just recently joined a ECLA church in California - we are doing very emerging/experiential stuff - that is why this non-denominational girl joined them - i have struggled with understanding how women have a voice in this denomination - and have considered pursuing my ordination through the ELCA - but fear they will force me to move to another church - so it's good to hear someone out there from an ECLA church :)

     
  • At 6/01/2006 01:11:00 PM, Blogger lydia

    It's nice to meet you, Mary.

     
  • At 6/01/2006 04:15:00 PM, Blogger mizliz

    Howdy MiMom. How are we to recognize the Martians from the earthlings?:) Are you ELCA or ECLA? I went to Seminex back in the early 80s (some of the most committed Christians I ever met) and they went on to become part of ELCA. Welcome.

     
  • At 6/01/2006 08:25:00 PM, Blogger From the Margins

    hey... good to hear a voice from my Lutheran heritage join us! I've journeyed through many streams of Christian life and will always appreciate my Luth. beginnings through college! (At 52...through college is 'the beginnings!)
    I'm Sherri and I enjoyed contributing a voice at the Red Barn this past month. I pastor a postmodern/emerging Christian community ... my ordination is through an international missional organization ...Harvest Network International.

     

Links to this post:

Create a Link