!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Thursday, June 01, 2006
introduction
My name is Marti. I have been a youth pastor at the same church for 30 years. I have a growing ministry to teens and college students. I was very much an active part of the team until 6 years ago when I opened the dialog about our changing culture and the emergying church. Since then I have lost my voice with our leadership and I am treated as a volunteer.

I am married and the mother of 3. Tyann is my foster daughter she is married and has a beautiful baby girl that is 10 months. Kevin is my son, he is finishing college this next year and dating a wonderful young lady. Kevin has been very hurt by Christians and hates the modern church. He is reevaluating all he believes and is not sure at times if he even believes in God or has faith at all. Katie my youngest was married to Nathan last fall. They are dreamers. Their desire is to be apostles and travel with their music and just touch people who need help as they go. My husband is a RN and will be retiring in 5 yrs.

Marti
 
posted by Anonymous at 1:12 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


3 Comments:


  • At 6/01/2006 10:17:00 PM, Blogger Makeesha

    an apostle's heart - how cool! you don't hear that much.

     
  • At 6/03/2006 08:18:00 AM, Blogger Tammy

    i can emphathize with so much of what you said. i understand children who have seen church through the eyes of their pastor-parents. i understand losing credibility because of using ideas from the emergent church. i understand being an RN.

    hang in there. i still have hope, most days, that there is a light at the end of this tunnel.

     
  • At 6/06/2006 07:42:00 PM, Blogger Lydia

    Hi, Marti. :)