!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Friday, November 16, 2007
Introduction
I recently joined Emerging Women. I'm Shawna Atteberry. I'm a 38 year old ordained minister in the Church of the Nazarene. I'm getting ready to launch a church plant in the South Loop of Chicago, where I live with my husband and cat. The church will be in my building until we are large enough to rent space. I am also a freelance writer (my website is here). Most of my writing is on women, theology, and the church. My master's thesis is on single women in ministry, and I am now re-writing it into a book called Career Women of the Bible. I also do some writing on depression as I have clinical depression and want to help people not be ashamed of it but talk about it and share with each other our experiences.

I enjoy reading, writing, cooking, crocheting, sewing, and probably watching far too much TV. I am preaching at the church I currently attend Sunday, so now I'm off to work on the sermon. I also really love to preach and administer the sacraments.

Labels:

 
posted by Shawna Atteberry at 1:54 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


6 Comments: