!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Introducing Myself
Hello! My name is Lainie and I am pleased to be a new blogger in this community. It was suggested that I might make a brief post introducing myself, so here goes:

I am a 38 year old woman living in the lovely (but expensive and cold) city of Chicago, where I work for a major educational publisher. I've been to seminary and have been ordained but am not currently pastoring a church or in active ministry, though I hope that this will change eventually. I am very interested in women's roles in the church, and did my master's thesis on women's leadership in Pentecostalism. I also hold a master's degree in library science, and LOVE to do research and work with information of all types.

In my spare time, I enjoy reading, writing (particularly for my blog, Headspace), cooking, and non-work related travel. I have an extreme fondness for cats as well as anything British (particularly British television).

I look forward to writing for this blog and getting to know everyone. :-)

Labels:

 
posted by Lainie Petersen at 10:18 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


5 Comments:


  • At 11/07/2007 02:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hi Lainie,

    I know you from John Smulo's blog! Welcome to Emerging Women. Looking forward to getting to know you more here.

    Lyn

     
  • At 11/07/2007 07:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hi Lainie ...

    I know you too!! Welcome aboard ...

    Cheers...

    Sonja

     
  • At 11/07/2007 08:45:00 AM, Blogger One Voice of Many

    Welcome Lainie,

    I post here now and again. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts considering your love for research. I don't quite enjoy DOING the research but I like to hear others' work. Call me lazy... you'd be correct. ;-)

    Michelle

     
  • At 11/07/2007 04:30:00 PM, Blogger Shawna Atteberry

    Hi Lainie. I live in Chicago too. Right now I'm freelance writing and getting ready to start a home church after the first of the year. I write about women and their roles both in church and culture on my blog. I'll have to go read yours, so we can compare notes. :)

     
  • At 11/08/2007 12:16:00 AM, Blogger Amy

    Hi Lainie! Welcome.

    I look forward to hearing more from you!