!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Hi, I'm Sarah
Hi everyone, I just want to introduce myself here and join the conversation. As I mentioned above, I'm Sarah, I am an Episcopal Priest (almost) working in Michigan. I just graduated from seminary this spring and my first job out in the real world is basically that of church planter. My diocese has asked me to form house churches among 18-30 yr olds and that has been what I've been working to do for the last four months or so. The emerging conversation is still very new to me, and I have been catching up, so to speak, since I started work. I am very traditionally trained and attended a very old school where anything emerging was simply a whisper and by no means on the radar screen for most people there (certainly not me). I'm very excited to have a ministry such as this and am learning a lot. After four months I am hearing some good things as far as people being open to something--things are slow going, but I'm feeling positive.

I was very pleased to find this blog and look forward to hearing about your stories and ideas. I have a blog that I created to process what I learn and to reach out to the people that I am meeting. Anyway, I'm glad to be here!
 
posted by Sarah at 10:27 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


5 Comments:


  • At 11/07/2007 01:45:00 PM, Blogger Lainie Petersen

    Hi Sarah:

    Glad to see you here!

     
  • At 11/07/2007 03:47:00 PM, Blogger Lori

    Welcome, Sarah! Always good to hear another voice here in MI. If you're ever in GR, we'd love to have you join us at emergent westmichigan--we meet the second Wed. of the month to connect and dig deeper. http://emergentwestmichigan.blogspot.com/ From what I saw on your blog, you're learning a lot and not afraid to do so--which is a great place to be!

     
  • At 11/07/2007 04:27:00 PM, Blogger Shawna Atteberry

    Hi Sarah. I'm planting a house church in Chicago after the first of the year. Nice to see another planter! I'm an ordained minister with the Church of the Nazarene.

     
  • At 11/07/2007 07:15:00 PM, Blogger Jemila Kwon

    Hi Sarah, sounds like a cool journey you're on, with exciting work! What kind of culture do you find among Episcopals in general and Episcopal young people in particular?

     
  • At 11/08/2007 12:17:00 AM, Blogger Amy

    Hi, Sarah. I'm so glad you found this site and are joining the conversation!