!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Friday, May 04, 2007
Weekly Round-up
Hello all. My apologies for being scarce for the last couple of weeks. I'm sorry for all of you whose emails I took forever to respond to and not having our weekly round-ups. I had a great time visiting my family in Texas. I also got to talk to some Emerging Women down there - and just fyi we are hoping to hold an Emerging Women gathering in Austin this fall (we will keep you updated as soon as details are finalized). We've had a few new voices join our community recently and I'm excited to welcome our new members Amie, Connie and Kim and our friends Heather and Jim.

Here are a few of the posts from Emerging Women and our friends that I found worthy of note recently. As always if you find (or write) something that you would like included in our weekly round-ups, just email it to me at emergingwomen@gmail.com.

Jan explores what it means to "get out there" as a Christian in our culture.

Sarah reviews and reflects on the book In Praise of Slow.

Some good thoughts on grace over at Eternal Echoes.

Makeesha reflects on how she can live green.

Brethern Priestess has some good thoughts on May Day and labor.

I reflect on a recent experience where the concept of doing missions verses being missional were brought into focus.

And from some of our friends - reflections on justice issues here and here.

Have a great week all!

Labels:

 
posted by Julie at 9:26 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: