!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Friday, May 04, 2007
Hey!
Hey Everyone! My name is Kimberly Petersen and I am pleased to find you guys. I’m married with two kids, a daughter 17 and a son 13. Three years ago we sold everything and moved from Cambridge, Ontario to Florida to finish off a boat and move aboard permanently. For the past two years we have been living on our power catamaran and cruising the Eastern Seaboard of the US. Lets just say the word “adventure” now holds a more diverse meaning in my head! Its been a season of listening and change. All in all a rich experience and well worth the sacrifice. Currently we are in Jensen Beach, FL awaiting safe passage across the Atlantic (facing my fears seems to be a part of the “adventure”). In the midst of all the change, and as a result of questions stemming from a death in the family, I decided to give up most of my preconceived notions of who God is, faith, and community, and be open to…I guess experiencing all of that in a fresh way. Coming from a conservative Protestant upbringing, letting go was a scary proposition. I’d definitely consider myself an emerging believer as I’m beginning to find God in places I’ve never imagined. Since a larger community isn’t always possible with our lifestyle, I’m very much looking forward to the journey with you all. Just reading through your past entries has been an inspiration to me. All the best and thanks for having me! (www.chrysalisvoyage.com and http://chrysalis.blogharbor.com)
 
posted by Kim at 8:09 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


7 Comments:


  • At 5/04/2007 08:45:00 AM, Blogger Amy

    Kimberly, I'm so glad you're here! What a neat adventure you've been on. I'm excited to hear more from you.

     
  • At 5/04/2007 08:57:00 AM, Blogger Lydia

    Welcome, Kimberly.

     
  • At 5/04/2007 12:30:00 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Wow, what a life...look forward to hearing from you. Welcome, and safe passage!

     
  • At 5/04/2007 01:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Kimberly, so glad you wrote!
    I'm new here also, and have done a similar thing in my walk with God. I haven't moved onto a boat (I think you are incredibly adventurous) but I have moved to a different town, and opened my own shop. For me, it stretches me....and I have had to learn to trust Him.
    I look forward to hearing more about your adventures!

     
  • At 5/04/2007 02:26:00 PM, Blogger Connie

    Kimberly, Wow! and Wow! I'll keep your story in mind when I think I'm on an adventure. I look forward to hearing more about your travels and journey with God.

    Have you by chance heard of St. Brenden and his travels?

     
  • At 5/04/2007 02:48:00 PM, Blogger Jemila Kwon

    So glad you're here, Kimberly. Please continue to share your adventure with us!

     
  • At 5/06/2007 05:05:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Welcome Kimberly! wow, what a great adventure you're on, look forward to hearing from you as you are on your travels!