!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Saturday, April 28, 2007
The Lord's Prayer for the Here and Now
Each week at Midtown Christian Community we rehearse the Lord's Prayer together. I love the connection this prayer brings to Christians throughout the centuries, and I revel in the almost poetic way it names so many of the things that are important to my faith in the here and now.

Recently I have been thinking about what the Lord's Prayer would sound like in the context of my church and our current culture. Last week I finally put pen to paper, metaphorically speaking, and tonight we read the result responsively as a congregation. It proved to be a moving experience. It is quite long, so I have provided a link to The Lord's Prayer for Midtown at my personal blog if you care to read it. Christ be with you.

Labels: ,