!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Hi!
Hello all, my name is Amie May and I hail from a small town just outside of San Antonio, Texas. I'm happily married with a fourteen year old son, and an eight year old daughter (though because it's "close enough" to her birthday, she "counts" herself as nine).

I run a small women's ministry (womenbeyond.com) which exists to equip, to connect, and to, not empower, but to hopefully illuminate our already existing personal power. I enjoy sharing and talking about biblical perspectives as well.

I couldn't tell you whether or not I would be numbered as an "Emerging Woman", and there was a day that not knowing that would have bothered me. I had quite an experience with label-searching and have found myself comfortably able to hang my hat under any label, though not limited by it since not everything would fit well with who I am. I've found that the common denominator is humanhood. We truly are all in this thing together.

I look forward to contributing to the conversation, and to listening. Thank you for having me.
 
posted by Anonymous at 11:03 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


7 Comments: