!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Monday, July 24, 2006
Updates on sharing a service
Well, it seemed to go very well. The sermon was well received. One woman came up to me at the end all smiles and excitement and said that she had been waiting for a sermon on that topic for ages and that God had just completely spoken to her. Yay! Also, my tutor was very encouraging - I really respect this man and it was great to have his affirming words.

The sharing of the sermon didn't really work as originally planned, I ended up actually doing most of the talk, but I think that was ok and as a whole the service flowed well.

A couple of friends came along to support me, who I don't think would call themselves Christian, and one of them whispered to me afterwards "I think you've found your home, haven't you?"

She could be on to something....

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Miz Melly at 3:07 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


4 Comments:


  • At 7/24/2006 01:13:00 PM, Blogger Julie

    That's wonderful. It is so nice to receive feedback and encouragement when you take a step like that! Keep on serving God with your talents.

     
  • At 7/24/2006 03:10:00 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Glad it went well for you. It's great to hear that your friends were supportive, even if maybe it isn't usually their thing. I think that shows a what a great friend is! Maybe they were touched in a way that your won't see anytime soon! Congrats....and to more of those in the future!

     
  • At 7/24/2006 07:00:00 PM, Blogger Lydia

    Glad to hear it went well, Melanie.

     
  • At 7/25/2006 06:29:00 PM, Blogger Mike Clawson

    Glad to hear it went well. And I'm not surprised that you ended up talking more than you planned. I'm always trying to make my sermons more interactive and discussion oriented, but it's always a challenge. It doesn't come naturally to me or to others who have grown up in the church. It's worth making the effort to do things differently, but don't sweat it if you find that sometimes it's just easier to do most of the talking.

    -Mike