!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Sunday, July 09, 2006
Has anyone read this...
Has anyone read Zainab Salbi's book, Between Two Worlds Escape from Tyranny: Growing up in the Shadow of Saddam? I think it has to be one of the best books I've ever read. Not only did it open my eyes to a culture that I knew nothing about (many of the Muslim traditions are simply beautiful and very much in the way of Jesus), but it also reminded me of the power of a woman's voice. Unfortunately, I don't have my own copy (I read my friend's copy on vacation) and so I can't quote it exactly, but towards the end of the book she says something amazing about the importance of women to take responsibilit for her voice and to use it to help women all over the world. I just started checking out her organization Women for Women International at the website. Has anyone else participated by supporting another woman in a worn-torn country?

Labels: ,

 
posted by Anonymous at 12:20 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments: