!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
It Is What It Is, But It's Not What It Says
I read the description of what this emerging women's site was to be all about ... and it is not. For me ... it is not safe. I just realized that my post was pulled without my knowledge, with no explanation, and without any inquiry of my history behind the post. I have been censored. This is a very sad day for me.
 
posted by Anonymous at 5:08 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 7/12/2006 05:36:00 PM, Blogger Julie

    As I posted in the other post...

    Truth be told, I pulled the post at the request of Emergent. It bugged me on many different levels. But the legal issues involved outweighed the freedom of speech in this instance. Although it was unclear that this was an internal/private thing and it was all a misunderstanding, pulling the post was the easiest way to solve the problem.

    I don't understand all the issues involved or why exactly it was such a big deal, but it was for them and I respect that. It has nothing to do with not allowing women a voice (although I was the first to admit it appears that way).

    I think we should continue the conversation about minority - just leave out the initial post. I think we all could say a lot on that topic and it could lead us in some good constructive directions about how to change the culture.