!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Sharing a service
I think I mentioned in my first post that I am training to be a lay preacher and worship leader in the Methodist church. Well, I have been given my first service to lead with another trainee, a man. Now I don't know this man very well, but from what I can see he has a good heart and is excited about where God is leading the church.

I think this is a really important opportunity for us to work together and show how God can use men and women in leading the congregation. But I am nervous about his expectations and whether he has cultural assumptions as to the roles of men and women in leadership. So can I ask you to pray for me as we prepare this service on the evening of the 23rd of July? Please pray that I will have wisdom and humility.

Three others in the group are leading on Sunday coming. I'm very excited because they are two women from Zimbabwe and a man from Nigeria and I am hoping that we will have worship more akin to what they are used to in their countries. Charity, Priscilla are leading worship and Friday is preaching. Charity has led the worship before and I can tell you the Spirit just dances in the aisles when she sings - it's powerful.

I'll post again soon and let you know how it all goes,

Melanie

Labels: ,

 
posted by Miz Melly at 5:12 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments: