!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Thursday, July 27, 2006
From the Heart of a Mother Under Seige ...
Want to highly recommend this article printed in the online version of Christianity Today. http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2006/130/12.0.html. (All the articles were very thoughtful and reflective concerning the Lebanon/Israel conflict. One could not but be moved by the perspective of many broken-hearted Lebanese Christians.) Maybe these articles will generate some conversation between us.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Anonymous at 3:56 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


3 Comments:


  • At 7/28/2006 02:32:00 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I read the article, and I feel really politically dumb. It compells me to really open up to these things. I think in the comfort of "my world" it is so easy to watch the news or see these things and be so disconnected. I can't even imagine this situation. I have young children, and the fears I have for them in "my world" seem to not come close. Thanks for bringing it to the table, the more I am exposed, and challenged, especially in this conversation, the more I want to learn and help.

     
  • At 7/28/2006 03:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Sitting right down front in worship every Sunday is a couple from Lebanon whose nephew was killed in the assasination of the Prime Minister last year. He was the only Christian in the cabinet.
    This is a terrible situation for Christians and for all the Lebanese people.

    I'm glad you've connected us to this and that people are beginning to pay attention. These are our brothers and sisters and our government has made choices that have made things worse I'm afraid.

     
  • At 7/28/2006 09:01:00 PM, Blogger Julie

    we so often forget that there are christian groups in these places where horror and war have usurped daily life. All too often it is easy to see people not like us as the enemy that its okay to bomb or ignore. of course we should have compassion for all, but just knowing that christian families are losing their children so the big boys can satisfy their pride makes it more real and harder to ignore...