!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Thursday, July 27, 2006
Here's Some of our Confirmed Table Hosts ... 2006 VA Beach Gathering
I'm excited about the confirmations coming in from people willing to host the conversations scheduled for the East Coast Gathering. I want to begin sharing them with you as they come in ... Emphasizing our theme of everyone having a seat at the table of leadership, we are having two 'large table' panel discussions; Monday afternoon will feature a theological discussion of 5 or 6 of the bodacious women in the Gospels. Confirmed panel presenters are: Grace McLaren will present the Syro-phoenician woman (she will also share with us as a group, later in the afternoon, voices from women around the world, having recently returned from a world tour with her husband, Brian); Julie Clawson will present the Samaritan woman at the well; Dr. J. Lyle Story (New Testament theologian and Greek professor at Regent University) will present Mary and Elizabeth. Monday evening's main table/panel conversation will feature 5 or 6 women of the O.T. The focus will be on bringing to life the voices of these O.T. women and their relevance to 21st century women's issues. Confirmed panel presenters are: Dr. Estrelda Alexander (Systematic theology professor at Regent University and author of "The Women of Azuza Street") will present Queen Vashti, Pastor Audrey Newell will present Tamar and I, Sherri Story, will present Delilah. This is just the beginning ... more to come in a few days!

Labels:

 
posted by Anonymous at 10:12 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments:


  • At 7/31/2006 11:42:00 PM, Blogger that girl

    I just found out about this conference, and being a student in the Hampton Roads area, I couldn't be more excited.

    I've been interning at a church this summer that has some emerging themes going on. I see many women in influential positions but I still question the church's view of women as pastors. Most of the dialogue I hear, the books I read about the emerging church or the church at all are from men. So I'm starting to think about women in the ministry more, and this conference seems like a great oppurtunity to answer some questions.

    Now my only concern is if I can skip class or not...

     
  • At 8/01/2006 01:49:00 PM, Blogger Julie

    skip class... this will be a good learning experience! ;)