!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Friday, February 02, 2007
Hi...
Greetings, all! I'm Irim, one of your newest bloggers (because yapping away on my blog just wasn't enough, lol), and I'm in the UK, though I was born in Maryland. My spiritual history is more than a bit chequered, what with me being born a Muslim, teaching at a Modern Orthodox Jewish school and converting to Catholicism...with pagan, anti-establishment tendencies to boot! For me, it's all scaffolding intended to get me closer to God and what's behind our reality.
I was born Stateside to parents of Pakistani descent and I live in England. I'm an INFJ, a Gemini and an enneagram 2w1 or 8w9 depending on the day, so I can be a bit confused. Feel free to call me on inconsistencies; I've probably not been clear about my meaning or I'm not clear in my own head. Either way, it's helpful.
Enough of that - I hate introductions, and would rather just plunge in, so I'm going to post something that's cross-posted at my blog. It may seem an odd choice, but I think it touches on women living in a bell jar, or as Clarissa Pinkola-Estes might put it, a dry life; safety vs. risk; love. At any rate, it's certainly an INFJ choice, because it was an article that knocked me for six - so it's probably one of the best ways to get to know me. Better than this rather awkward intro of mine, at any rate!

It's long...but on its way!

Blessed be,
Ixx
 
posted by Pragmatic Mystic at 10:47 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


5 Comments:


  • At 2/02/2007 06:05:00 PM, Blogger Jemila Kwon

    I like the idea of "scaffolding" :)

    Welcome!

     
  • At 2/03/2007 05:12:00 AM, Blogger Pragmatic Mystic

    Hello *waves across very wide pond* and thank you!

    I can't remember when the idea first came to me; I was dealing with some tough issues with the Catholic Church and suddenly I had this picture of my self scrambling up scaffolding to get to the top where I could see everything clearly. I'm still struggling with the Church, and the scaffolding image helps me get over the "You chose it, you can't leave" issue...because I can take that framework down when it's helped me to get where I need to be.

    Oooh, love your profile...what a fab answer to the milk/moon question! Am about to check your blogs...

    Ixx

     
  • At 2/03/2007 09:02:00 AM, Blogger Lydia

    Welcome, Irim. :)

     
  • At 2/03/2007 12:20:00 PM, Blogger Jemila Kwon

    Thanks Irim :) BTW I was born in an America-liberal sufi commune. My name is Arabic, but you probably knew that. My dad's Jewish, but mom was the one to introduce us to Jewish rituals. My husband dated a Pakistani girl for five years before he met me and I turned him to the dark side ;)

     
  • At 2/04/2007 10:02:00 PM, Blogger Amy

    Welcome, Irim. I'm glad you're here!