!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Friday, February 02, 2007
Honduras+
Hi everyone. Just wanted to share a part of my life with the group. I am running a half marathon in May and I am trying to raise money to support a small city in Honduras which is taken over by poverty. My husband and I are traveling to Honduras at the end of May. I decided to try and see if I could get friends and family to sponsor my miles.

I created a blog called Honduras+ for two purposes; 1-to post my run totals and have family and friends sponsors my miles to raise money for the city in Honduras and 2-to educate people on the issues of poverty in this work and how we as followers of Christ can help. I'd like specifically to get people talking based on the educational posts, so as I have learned from you all...you are great about conversing! So please feel free to help me get conversation started on this blog. And, if you feel so inclined, any support you or someone you know might want to give would be an added plus!

Here is the link: (click on About Honduras+ to read more about the details)

http://hondurasplus.wordpress.com/

Thanks! Have a great day!
Meg
 
posted by Meg at 10:43 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments: