!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Saturday, January 13, 2007
I'm Joining the Fun
Hello All,

I just thought I'd join the fun. My name is Emily and have had a very interesting journey this past year. So you know a little about me....I grew up in a very strict Baptist environment until about 16 when I decided to go to a non-denominational church...which i am still apart of. We as a church have had a very interesting journey. It started when the whole church -30 members decided to read a new kind of Christian. That book changed my life.
Another very important book to me has been Dance of the Dissident Daughter...that most of you are reading this month...I actually found this blog online by looking under that specific book in the search engine. I was looking for women to discuss the journey they have found since reading S. Kidd memoire. I just decided to read the book again at the end of december so am Excited to see the myriad of discussion that might come from it. Em
 
posted by Li Li at 5:42 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


6 Comments:


  • At 1/13/2007 08:11:00 PM, Blogger Amy

    Welcome, Emily!

    I'm excited about the book discussion, too. I can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts.

     
  • At 1/13/2007 11:50:00 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Hi and Welcome!
    I have a special journey, and this current book has really made an impact on me. I, too, look forward to beginning the discussion!

     
  • At 1/14/2007 07:03:00 AM, Blogger Jemila Kwon

    Hi Emily! Glad you're here :)

     
  • At 1/14/2007 02:51:00 PM, Blogger Lydia

    Welcome, Emily. I look forward to hearing more from you.

     
  • At 1/14/2007 03:25:00 PM, Blogger Meg

    Emily
    Welcome! You've come to the right place. I'm not done with the first book we were reading, but after your post, I think I'll try and read the second book at the same time!
    Meg

     
  • At 1/14/2007 04:20:00 PM, Blogger Nancy

    Hi, Emily and welcome! I guess we each have a story to tell and can learn so much from one another. The "Dance" discussion will prove interesting because I am sure many of us would like to discuss the wounds we have experienced to our feminine souls and perhaps what has proven helpful in their restoration.