!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Friday, September 08, 2006
Reviewers Wanted
Have you read an interesting book lately? Want to write a review on it for The Ooze?

The Faith section needs more book reviews. (I'm the Assistant Faith Editor, FYI).

Reviews of newer books are preferred, although I wouldn't mind publishing the occassional review of older stuff. We've never had anyone review C.S. Lewis' The Screwtape Letters or Anita Diamant's The Red Tent, to give two examples. :)

Click here for a list of recent reviews. So far all of our Faith reviews have been of non-fiction books, but The Ooze accepts reviews of any genre.

Reviews range from 400-1800 words; most of them are about 800 words in length, although reviews of up to 4,500 words are accepted.

Labels:

 
posted by Lydia at 8:59 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


9 Comments:


  • At 9/08/2006 02:19:00 PM, Blogger spencer

    it would be great to have your unique perspective not only on reviews but you can submit original articles as well in each section of TheOOZE.

    All voices are equal on TheOOZE and you don't have to wait for someone to ask or give you permission.

    BTW: you words will influence the quarter of a million visitors each month to the website...

     
  • At 9/08/2006 02:53:00 PM, Blogger Makeesha

    I didn't see Alan Mann's Atonement for a 'Sinless' Society, has that been done yet?

     
  • At 9/08/2006 02:57:00 PM, Blogger Julie

    hmm... so i just need to get off my fantasy kick and read some nonfiction...

     
  • At 9/08/2006 03:22:00 PM, Blogger Lydia

    I didn't see Alan Mann's Atonement for a 'Sinless' Society, has that been done yet?

    Nope, it hasn't been done yet.

     
  • At 9/08/2006 03:22:00 PM, Blogger Lydia

    you don't have to wait for someone to ask or give you permission.

    good point, Spencer.

     
  • At 9/08/2006 03:43:00 PM, Blogger Unknown

    If I thought I could write a review that sounded above my 5th grade book reports, I would totally do it. I love to read. I will ponder it, and maybe dig deep into the webs of my writing days. (Sorry I was a much better in math!)

     
  • At 9/09/2006 12:37:00 AM, Blogger juniper

    I wouldn't mind seeing a review of "God's Women Then and Now." Its a great exegesis of some of the portions of the bible that trouble women in the church.

     
  • At 9/10/2006 04:17:00 PM, Blogger Lydia

    I will ponder it, and maybe dig deep into the webs of my writing days

    Hope you can find something of use, Michelle.

    But I understand if you decide not to - I'd never want to be on an Ooze volleyball team as I'm anything but coordinated. :)

     
  • At 9/10/2006 04:17:00 PM, Blogger Lydia

    I wouldn't mind seeing a review of "God's Women Then and Now."

    Would you be interested in writing it?