!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
glad to be here

Hello gals,
I just wanted to say that I'm glad to have found you. The woman's voice needs to be more frequently heard in the emerging church and we're the ones to do it. I'm still fascinated by the fact that when one surfs the emerging church blogs out there and looks at folks' blog rolls, there will often be about 30 men, 1, maybe 2 women and then sometimes this "emerging women" blog. We only have ourselves to blame. Let's not only make sure we are at the table, but to also be intentional at encouraging other women to bring their voices to the conversation as well.
Peace be with you all.
Nadia

Labels:

 
posted by Sarcastic Lutheran at 9:31 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


6 Comments:


  • At 9/05/2006 12:03:00 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Nadia,
    I agree, where I personally struggle, and I mentioned this in a response to Julie in another discussion, is sometimes I am intimidated. Here I feel I can wear my emotion on my sleave some, and speak from the heart. I have not studied theology deeply, I don't know what many terms mean, etc. I am a huge reader, and I am fairly intelligent, but this is one area I don't feel I can hold my own sometimes. Also, I feel I will be disregarded due to the lack of "knowledge". I know theology and scripture discussion are important, but I think in all areas, we need to remember, that many Faithful, God loving people, are being used by God, but can't and don't keep up with all the "great discussions". I would like to see room, on these other sites, and within emerging ideas, for those that can't discuss at these levels, but are still respected and heard for the work done within them.

     
  • At 9/05/2006 03:07:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I have a blog called Eternal Dialogue: Discussions Bigger Than Life that is designed to bring together Christians from all perspectives into dynamic discussion of topics relevant to our faith today. I would love if you could check it out and join in the conversation. I think your voice is an important one and needs to be represented. I have a lot of emergent men, but I'd love to have women in the conversations as well. Let me know what you think.

    Thanks,
    Josh
    eternaldialogue@hotmail.com
    www.eternaldialogue.blogspot.com

     
  • At 9/05/2006 06:11:00 PM, Blogger Unknown

    Thanks Josh for the info. I have checked out the site and will be contacting you.

     
  • At 9/06/2006 08:14:00 AM, Blogger Janice

    Hi Nadia!

    I agree with you very strongly that we must encourage one another (women) in the conversation and pursuing the desires God has placed within us. Very nice to 'meet' you! :)

    Janice

     
  • At 9/06/2006 09:17:00 AM, Blogger Lydia

    Thanks for the link, Josh. I'll check it out.

     
  • At 9/07/2006 11:00:00 AM, Blogger Janice

    Here is someone else looking for the input of women:

    http://dumbjock.blogspot.com/2006/09/speaking-of-authority.html