!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Wednesday, June 14, 2006
I'm emerging
I was hanging out at the Summer Institute at Solomon's Porch last week, where the male attendance was greater than female, but not in any intimidating way. I've been learning so much about emergent and the more I learn, the more it speaks to my soul. One of the sessions I had signed up for was something about creating a space on the web for emerging women and it was cancelled. So, I was delighted to find this space.

I feel like a late blooming emerger. I belong to Peace Lutheran Church in Charlottesvile, VA where I serve by being webmaster, worship media coordinator and tech support. I'm probably the cutting edge of emerging in this church, but as I bring back more info and insights, I am finding that the ideas are connecting with others.

I blog @ http://kimxtom.blogspot.com/.

Labels:

 
posted by Kim Wilkens at 6:54 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 6/19/2006 01:53:00 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I am also emerging. I just learned about the emerging ideas in the last year. Brian McLaren's Books were recommended to me and I could not get enough of them. I experienced such powerful moments reading those books. I have spent my whole life in "the church" and certainly didn't like a lot of what I saw...but who am I to say anything (I thought many times)! Our church had some rough times, but I feel that a great change is coming! I have been so excited to see what comes. Everything I ever knew was turned upside down, and yet I had never experienced Jesus the way I am now. It has been awesome. I am new to all of this, even blogging, but I look forward to the experiences to come!