!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
The Woman At The Well.
I hope people don't mind me posting here again so soon, but I came across something that really moved me, and that taught me a huge amount in the space of a couple of minutes. I included it on my blog already, but I've extended the post a little for Emerging Women.

This video is obviously a church ad, but the poem is incredible. "To be known is to be loved, and to be loved is to be known". Isn't that all we really want? Isn't it what moves and drives all of humanity? The need for love is built in to everybody, and it follows us from the time we're born until the time we pass away.

The video is based on the feelings the that Samaritan woman who Jesus met at the well may have had. It has made me want to look a lot closer at the Samaritan woman to find out what more I can glean from her and her encounter with Jesus. I've never looked at it in this way before, and I probably never will again.

It's certainly given me lots to think about.

Heather.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Heather at 7:57 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


8 Comments: