!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Friday, July 13, 2007
Authentic Parenting in a Postmodern Culture
My friend Mary E. De Muth has just published a very interesting and timely parenting book that I think those of you with children might be interested in. It's called Authentic Parenting in a Postmodern Culture.

I haven't finished reading it yet but have already found the first few chapters really informative and helpful. She's a very honest writer and uses her own experiences parenting her three children with insight and transparency. I'm not a parent but I think she has a way of very clearly clarifying the changing shifts in culture that we are experiencing and how we can best aid children and young people in their negotiation of their culture.

Her website Pioneer Parenting is also a useful forum for parenting discussion and ideas. This might be a book Emerging Women could study in the book club.
 
posted by Miz Melly at 11:39 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


3 Comments:


  • At 7/13/2007 04:29:00 PM, Blogger Jemila Kwon

    I just purchased the book, thanks Miz Melly! I'd be interested in doing it for a book discussion -- the only thing is I want to be sensitive to those for whom parenting is not a life issue. What are everyone's thoughts on whether a parenting book is appropriate for this discussion group?

     
  • At 7/14/2007 09:57:00 PM, Blogger Amy

    I'm interested, but again, I'm in that stage of life. I certainly respect others preferences if it's not of interest.

     
  • At 8/04/2007 07:55:00 AM, Blogger Mary DeMuth

    Thanks, Melanie, for posting about the book here!