!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Wednesday, March 07, 2007
TamPontification
I was provided with this information this morning on another group and thought some here might be interested. Its a donation program on a site called "TamPontification".

From the website:
Women’s shelters in the U.S. go through thousands of tampons and pads monthly, and, while agencies generally assist with everyday necessities such as toilet paper, diapers, and clothing, this most basic need is often overlooked. You and I may take our monthly trips down the feminine care aisle for granted, but, for women in shelters, a box of tampons is five dollars they can’t spare.
(CUT)


For each virtual donation, Seventh Generation will send a pack of organic cotton tampons or chlorine-free pads to a shelter in your state.
Direct link to the donations page

~Janice

Labels: ,

 
posted by Janice at 10:18 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


3 Comments:


  • At 3/07/2007 11:52:00 AM, Blogger Lydia

    That's really cool.

    I'd never thought about what women in homeless shelters do when it comes to that time of the month.

     
  • At 3/07/2007 12:26:00 PM, Blogger Janice

    Lydia, there are TONS of things I apparently never think of.....this really brought that home for me because it can be a very unpleasant thing to find yourself at work when it comes on - or anywhere for that matter - and not be prepared...I can empathize so much. I also think we just take a lot of little tiny things for granted, I was happy to see this today as it brought home to me the many blessings I have and raised my awareness. Even if one decides not to donate through this particular group, maybe it will spark someone to do something in regards women and homeless shelters in other ways too. :)
    ~Janice

     
  • At 3/09/2007 02:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    A bit more expensive, but maybe one of these (www.thekeeper.com) would be more helpful to these women and for the environment....