!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Tuesday, March 06, 2007
Browser Issues
So I just got an email from a EW reader saying that the blog had been all messed up for over a week. Sorry I didn't notice it before and thank you for pointing that out. Apparently an image that had been posted wasn't received very well by Internet Explorer and because IE couldn't cope everything got messed up. I'm always on using Mozilla Firefox as my browser so all the template stuff is made for that browser's settings (I still can't seem to get the weird lines to go away in IE...) So note to self - sign in on IE every now and then to check things out. I personally love Firefox (and really can't stand the new IE that Vista upgraded me to...). (Firefox is free for downloading - here.)

Anyway - I was just wondering what browsers all of you EW readers out there use. Is the blog "off" on any other browser? and please let me know asap if something weird ever does happen again!

Labels:

 
posted by Julie at 6:37 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


5 Comments:


  • At 3/07/2007 04:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hi, I use Firefox (in linux not windows) and the headline for each new post overlaps with the text in the header. Otherwise it all looks fine!

     
  • At 3/07/2007 07:37:00 AM, Blogger Lydia

    IE 6.

    The posts were all located at the bottom of the page - there was quite a bit of blank space at the top.

    Other than that it looked ok.

     
  • At 3/07/2007 09:40:00 AM, Blogger Janice

    I use IE in various versions mostly. Sometimes I use FireFox - I'm on a PC. Like Lydia, all posts were coming up on most days at the bottom, but every once in a while they'd be at the top...it was weird but not overly problematic so I didn't mention it!

     
  • At 3/07/2007 01:40:00 PM, Blogger Julie

    I can only see things in IE and Firefox - so fixing things for other browsers would be done blond. And I'm trying to learn about stuff - I know very little html, so its often just trial and error as i try to teach myself. I still can't get my personal blog to show up consistently okay in IE... But please do let me know about weird stuff with the blog

     
  • At 3/09/2007 09:20:00 AM, Blogger Anne

    I use both Firefox and IE. I like to think of myself as a very ecumenical person. :)