!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Monday, November 27, 2006
Posada, anyone?
My friend Anne has alerted me to a virtual Posada that will be taking place this Advent. Here is the explanation of the tradition and how it will be translated to the blogging world that she sent to me:



A Posada is the tradition of taking the figures of Mary and Joseph into homes for a night or two during Advent. As the figures are in a home there may be prayers and reflections as they enter and leave and the figures may be an occasion for devotions shared with friends, family and neighbours while they are in that home. They then move on to the next home that has volunteered to put them up for the night or
two, and so on through Advent.

A Posada blog is an idea to do something analogous with blogging. So instead of the actual clay or wood or whatever figures of Mary and Joseph we have a picture. Instead of homes we have blogs. Instead of family prayers we have a blog posting.

So the idea is that on Advent Sunday, I would post a picture of Mary and Joseph and offer some reflections and/or prayers for the occasion as my posting.

The next day someone else would post that same picture [either by posting it anew or by linking back to the 'original' image I posted] and offer their reflections and/or prayers, similarly.

They would also mention who is to post the following time and leave a comment on my blog at my Advent Posada posting to give the address of their posting [this would have to be the permalink, not just the blog address].

Then, hopefully, the next day someone else would

1) post the picture and make some prayerful reflection on their blog, and

2) make a mention of who is due to host the holy couple the following day

3) leave a comment at the previous day's posting with a link to their
new posting, and so on.

What should result is a chain of links as Mary and Joseph virtually
move from blog to blog day by day.



I will be participating in this. If you're interested as well, leave a comment at Nouslife: Posada blog chain for Advent.

(edited for clarity)

Labels: ,

 
posted by Lydia at 10:21 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


4 Comments:


  • At 11/27/2006 08:47:00 PM, Blogger Jemila Kwon

    Lydia, I think this a wonderful, really neat idea, however I am a technophobic html illiterate woman and I have no idea how to post a picture on blogger via mac, or how to do a permalink. If anyone knows how to explain either simply, I would be grateful. Otherwise, I will house Mary & Joseph in my heart and remember their journey as I walk around barefoot and pregnant, thankful to do so in my nice (mostly warm) house :)

     
  • At 11/27/2006 09:38:00 PM, Blogger Lydia

    It's very easy, Jemila.

    (I was going to show you how to do it here, but the comment section won't allow me to post that much HTML)

    Read the first post of this Ooze thread.

    It should show you all you need to know, although feel free to ask more questions here if you need any more assistance.

     
  • At 11/30/2006 04:14:00 PM, Blogger Jemila Kwon

    Lydia, I didn't see the instructions, just comments that must have referred to the original thread -- or maybe I missed something. That's okay, no worries. I'll just posada in my heart and slowly, but surely learn a few html things to aid the journey. I just figured out how to post links to my blog the other day for the first time :)

     
  • At 12/01/2006 07:26:00 AM, Blogger Lydia

    That's weird.

    I'll email the instruction to you.