!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Thursday, October 19, 2006
More Questions and thoughts...
I've been emailing with a publisher at Abingdon Press about the need for resources for and by women in the emerging church. With his permission, I wanted to post some of the questions he has asked because I would love to here the responses you all would give. I know there is a wide spectrum of women here and it would be good to hear all different opinions.

The questions are -
Can you say a bit more about exploring women in scripture?
What new angles of vision are EW using that are helping them recover
women's stories in scripture?
What are the topics that women would like to see equal representation on?
Who are the authors/writers that emerging women would read or like to hear from?
Some practical questions: How can we show that there is an audience for these
books? What contexts can we envision the books being used in?


Please give your thoughts.

On a related note, I posted some thoughts on Emerging Women at the Emergent Gathering here at my blog. Perhaps thinking through the various responses/roles of women in the emerging church can help us think through what resources might be helpful.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Julie at 3:58 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


4 Comments:


  • At 10/20/2006 07:00:00 AM, Blogger Sarcastic Lutheran

    I think that a book on post modern spiritual practices of EC women would be popular and could likely be written by the gals here on this site.

     
  • At 10/20/2006 08:05:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I agree. I think if we collect our voices and experiences we could add something vital.

    I am attending a conference next week with Diana Butler Bass, a woman voice in the emergeing church conversation. I can speak to her about this idea, raising up women's voices in the leadership of EC. What do you think??

     
  • At 10/20/2006 08:28:00 AM, Blogger Lydia

    Go for it, mompriest.

     
  • At 10/20/2006 08:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Ok, I'll try to speak with her. Let me know if there are specific ideas, questions, issues, thoughts, etc. that any of you would like me to raise with her.