!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Thursday, June 15, 2006
Wanna help write a book?
I had a conversation with a woman from a publishing concern (InterVarsity Press) who has expressed some professional interest in our 'women-in-ministry' stories, with the added suggestion that 'women-in-leadership' might reach a larger and broader audience. Sooooooooooooo, if you want to help with this effort, send me [mizliz00725@hotmail.com] your favorite or most touching or most maddening 'women of faith in action' stories to collect and collate and send on to IVP. I'm not giving a word limit or such; I'm confident the stories will determine most of that themselves. At the end, please supply me with your name as you might want to see it in print, a title or postion if you want, and city/state. If you have questions or concerns or an idea for a killer title for such a book as this, just email me. Thanks - and let the stories be told!
Liz

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Anonymous at 2:59 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


7 Comments:


  • At 6/15/2006 08:34:00 PM, Blogger Lydia

    Wow, I wish I was in leadership somewhere. Sounds like a great idea.

     
  • At 6/16/2006 10:21:00 AM, Blogger Julie

    sounds great - i'm sure there will be some great stories told. what's the timeframe on this?

     
  • At 6/16/2006 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Lydia

    If you are interested, share your faith journey/story.

    Wow, I hadn't thought of it that way.

    In that case, I'm interested.

     
  • At 6/16/2006 10:43:00 AM, Blogger Sarah Notton

    I'm with Lydia...not an "official" leader in any way, shape, or form. I am so glad that this forum has given us non-ordained types a place to have a voice! I could weep, just knowing that there is a place where my personhood IS my credentials.

    Liz, I'd like to contribute. Did the publisher mention anything about intended audience, or do you expect to discover it based on the stories submitted?

     
  • At 6/16/2006 04:20:00 PM, Blogger Lydia

    when you say "snack" do you mean sending them a few full essays or excerpts from each essay?

     
  • At 6/16/2006 06:30:00 PM, Blogger Lydia

    Glad to hear you say that, mizliz. I would have been a bit nervous about that as well.

    So I emailed mizliz a question about this assignment today. She asked me to repost them here:

    1)What is the definition of leadership? What does an emergent female leader look like?

     
  • At 6/17/2006 07:00:00 PM, Blogger nelda sue

    i'm definitely in. does it matter if we mix the tragic with the good? or are you desiring only positive experiences? it just gives me a little direction.