!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Saturday, June 17, 2006
Jesus and weddings
Tonight I had the opportunity to attend yet another wedding...I get to go to lots of these. I do so love to go! It's always a really good cheap date and I love to see my husband in a suit! Right before we left (when he off with the couple to sign the license) I was sitting alone at our table and watching people dancing. Since we only know the bride and groom (which is often the case) I got to have a few moments by myself to just watch and enjoy. It's funny how a single moment can seemingly pass by in slow motion and you just know that you have found yourself on holy ground. That's exactly how I felt. Watching all of those people dancing and smiling and laughing--enjoying that very same moment--I suddenly knew that what I was oberving was more deeply spiritual than most of the moments I experience at church on Sunday mornings. How interesting that Jesus picked a wedding as the backdrop for the beginning of his ministry. At the moment when it seemed that the party would be winding down, he got it going again. I wonder if he was sitting alone at a table, like me, just enjoying those around him lost in the moment of the celebration of love. There's always so much love at a wedding! I think that's one of the ways we can know for sure that God's presence is filling all the spaces around us--when there is love in the air! And one other thing...I've come to the conclusion that Baptists don't know anything about dancing (sorry, but I can say that since I've pretty much been one my whole life)--it's the greatest spritiual expression there is. I hope we can all find the rythm of the dance and then dance like we've never danced before!
 
posted by Anonymous at 2:00 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments: