!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Wednesday, June 28, 2006
Greeting from the Atl
Hello, dear women.

Even though I have never met you face to face, reading your posts is causing me to grow great affection for all of you. Thank you for your words.

My name is Caroline, and I do live in a suburb of Atlanta. After college, I moved to South Central Los Angeles to participate in urban ministry there. Returning home brought me to the realization that so much had changed here. My ministry experience in California prepared me for my return to a transitioning community.

So, this spurred me to begin ministry in my own home town. It has been thrilling.

I do work in ministry full time, and I write a column for the religious section of our local paper. Most of my articles are posted on my blog.

My connection with Emergent began about two years ago when I began participating in our local Emergent cohort. Those friends from the cohort have carried me literally through transitions, questions, and the birth of new dreams. They helped me find my voice. I am so thankful.

When I hear so many people comment on Emergent, they seem to be drawing their opinions from books read or blogs posted. My idea of Emergent is contrary to that experience. "Emergent" to me means conversation with friends around a table in a dive in Atlanta. We talk about the things we believe God is dreaming for our city. It has changed my life.

Yes, for an entire year, I was the only female. However, those guys made me feel so welcomed and their influence has been crucial in my life. We thankfully have several other women pull a chair up to our table lately.

Since there are so few women in the conversation, I am thankful that we can connect this way. Please pray for Atlanta and all that God is doing here. He is redeeming this city, and I am thrilled to be able to join in the party.
 
posted by Anonymous at 10:12 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments: