!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Wednesday, February 06, 2008
Book Recommendations
I recently had the opportunity to review two new books by women that I wanted to mention to the community here.

First from well known speaker Nancy Ortberg is Looking for God: An Unexpected Journey Through Tattoos, Tofu, & Pronouns (Tyndale, March 2008). Consisting of series of essays, this book explores the diverse ways we can encounter God and be moved to serve him. My review is here.




Then there is Susan McLeod-Harrison's Saving Women from the Church: How Jesus Mends A Divide (Barclay Press, Feb. 2008). This book explores the ways in which the church has hurt women and the biblical hope that can be found instead. My review can be found here.




I appreciated both books for their unique perspectives. Neither book is written just for women, but I found that authors' have messages that can reach out to women. Just wanted to pass on the info - enjoy!

Labels: , ,

 
posted by Julie at 1:33 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


6 Comments:


  • At 2/06/2008 02:15:00 PM, Blogger Lyn

    I'm so pleased Susan's book is finally out. I used to go to church with her in Vancouver, and had the opportunity to read through and comment on some of the early drafts. I look forward to reading the book in full. She is a very passionate lady, and I think that comes across in her book.

     
  • At 2/06/2008 08:37:00 PM, Blogger . . . . . . .

    Looking for God looks really good! I am going to check it out ... thanks for the reccomendation!

     
  • At 2/08/2008 03:41:00 AM, Blogger KS Manu

    Nice blog...

    But here is something surprising about women. Follow the below link to find the blog on the largest women's gathering on earth..
    www.attukalpongala.blogspot.com

     
  • At 2/10/2008 03:50:00 PM, Blogger nothing but the truth

    A friend gave me Nancy O's book, and I couldn't put it down. Thank you, now I can share this post with a few friends.

     
  • At 2/10/2008 03:53:00 PM, Blogger . . . . . . .

    does anyone know ... is nancy's book (looking for God) out yet? i tried to find it on amazon, and it said it is set to releason on march 1, 08. i'm anxious to read it!

     
  • At 2/11/2008 11:18:00 AM, Blogger Julie

    Nancy's book is on pre-order at Amazon last I checked.