!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Monday, September 17, 2007
Get to know me
I am new to the emerging women community and just wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself.
I am a twenty-seven year old woman who recently finished a master's degree in life experience and Marriage and Family Therapy. I have spent the past year and half blazing my way out of my own personal hell and am finally beginning to emerge on the otherside. In the process, I have wrestled with my own humanity as well as my Christian faith. It has been a crazy adventure in learning how to love myself, others, and ultimately God.
I read Peter Rollins' book, How (Not) to Speak of God, several months ago, and have in turn become increasingly interested in the emerging church/community. I have a passion for reading and discussing new and evolving philosophies and theology, and I am currently looking into doctorate programs where I can complete a religious studies program focused on the emerging church.
All that to say, I am honored and very excited to now be a part of this community. I am looking forward to interacting with other like minded individuals as I continue to explore this intriguing new movement.
 
posted by Anonymous at 4:54 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


7 Comments:


  • At 9/18/2007 10:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Nice to meet you deep_well. I'm fairly new to the community as well (though I'm admittedly not limted to it) and am enjoying the company a great deal.

    I'm sure that you'll appreciate the warmth and thought-filledness (yep, a new word, lol!) as much as I have.

     
  • At 9/18/2007 03:54:00 PM, Blogger One Voice of Many

    You mentioning that book title reminds me that I haven't read mine yet. My husband has a copy at home but I didn't get to it. I think I should and soon!

    Welcome to the group!

    Michelle

     
  • At 9/18/2007 08:02:00 PM, Blogger Lydia

    Welcome, deep_well. I look forward to hearing more from you! :)

     
  • At 9/19/2007 10:39:00 AM, Blogger Jemila Kwon

    It's so great to discover a person like you on EW -- you remind me so much of my sister...like, it's scary! ;)

     
  • At 9/20/2007 08:45:00 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Thanks, everyone, for the warm welcome!
    Michelle-I would definitely recommend finding time to read that book. It is amazing!

     
  • At 9/20/2007 09:38:00 AM, Blogger Amy

    Welcome, deep_well. I look forward to getting to know you better!

     
  • At 9/20/2007 09:01:00 PM, Blogger Meg

    Deep_well...It seems a lot of us on this blog have similar stories. Yours reminded me of my own. A friend that I met through this website said to me that I am being "rebuilt".

    Do you have your own blog? If it is encouraging at all (as I said our stories sound similar and I am 27 as well) you can check out my own blog at:

    walkon2006.blogspot.com

    I loved How (not) to Speak of God as well! Fantastic book!