!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Monday, February 12, 2007
Ayiti: The Cost of Life
I recently found the game Ayiti: The Cost of Life. It was created by UNICEF to illustrate how poverty can greatly interfere with a family's ability to educate their children.

If you figure out how to win, let me know. I haven't been able to beat the system yet.

Edited to add:

I found another game with a similar message: 3rd World Farmer.

3rd World Farmer was more interactive and interesting in my opinion, although I'd suggest trying both games if you have the time and patience to do so.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Lydia at 5:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


3 Comments:


  • At 2/13/2007 12:31:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    This is really interesting Lydia.
    Thanks.

     
  • At 2/13/2007 02:13:00 PM, Blogger Lydia

    I thought so, too. :)

    Did you try both games?

     
  • At 2/14/2007 02:06:00 PM, Blogger L.L. Barkat

    I'm always fascinated by the third-world farmer. There is more ingenuity in them than is generally given credit for. For instance, I've been amazed by Wendell Berry's observations of Peruvian farmers. I think we have much to learn from their lives, their wisdom, and knowledge.