!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Thursday, November 02, 2006
McKnight on the Emerging Church
So Scot McKnight recently gave a talk about "What is the Emerging Church?". It's an interesting read that tries to define the emerging church conversation by what it says about itself as opposed to the strawmen created by opponents. While I don't agree with everything Scot wrote (especially in the politics section) and think he took unnecessary potshots at Spencer Burke, I found it to be an informative and mostly accurate piece. So if you are still trying to figure out what the conversation is all about, I recommend reading this.

Labels:

 
posted by Julie at 4:09 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


4 Comments:


  • At 11/02/2006 10:03:00 PM, Blogger Jemila Kwon

    I'd love to hear thoughts on Mknight's assertion that the vast majority of Emerging Christians are 'evangelical theologically or evangelical conversionally, but post-evangelical when it comes to describing the Christian life and theology.'

    I find it interesting that some seem more attracted to the praxis of Emerging faith, while others equally or more powerfully are drawn to the permission to question propositional truths, presuppositions and foundationalism in our theologies.

     
  • At 11/03/2006 09:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I am so excited about this blog! My freind Lynnette told me about this place and I think it is about damn time something like this happens.

     
  • At 11/03/2006 07:30:00 PM, Blogger Julie

    Thanks Phil - and welcome!

     
  • At 11/09/2006 09:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    I don't agree with everything he writes, but it's a pretty good current synopsis. My favorite phrase comes from p. 24 "...all theology is always a conversation about the Truth who is God in Christ through the Spirit."

    I think that's going to be my new mantra when someone asks me, "yo, what's this weird 'emerging' church thing?"