!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Saturday, December 29, 2007
As The Year Ends
As 2007 draws to a close, I've been having fun looking at the blog stats from this past year. Compared to last year, we tripled our yearly hits and have guests from all around the world. We continue to grow as a community and I have been blessed by the voices present here.

As we wrap up the year, I would love to hear what sort of things you all would like to see for Emerging Women (on the blog or otherwise) in the upcoming year. Suggestions for activities, blog series, book discussions? What could we do to serve you better?

And to end the year with a bit of fun, I'm including a list of interesting search results that land people on this blog. There are of course typical google searches that land people here, but these stood out to me in their unique, strange, and disturbing ways. For some I can't quite understand how they brought people here and for others I wonder what possessed someone to google that in the first place. Anyway, I found it amusing. I've added my comments on a few in italics.

"negative stay at home dad"
"how to stop seeking approval be honest"
"emerging church medical marijuana"
"pastor likes to watch me breastfeed"
"woman who like being gluttons"
"christian statistics lust bra straps"
"what james dobson thinks of the book eat, pray, love by elizabeth gilbert" because he does my thinking for me...
"ads of strong women seeking sissy males"
"emerging supernatural woman"
"encouraging the feminine side for my sissy son"
"god created men stronger than women heart wise"
"the women who got burned by aliens" ummm...
"why beer is not meant for women"
"emerging women 7 ups for christ"
"god im growing a second butt"
"looking for appreciation poems for pastors wives"
"sermons on why God created women" why, could you not come up with a good reason on your own?
"what god thinks women should act like within a relationship"
"husband wife switch bodies"
"should a christian woman show cleavage for an evening function?" because Google will give you the right answer...
"what makes you think about those things" Because Google can read your mind when you are really vague
"man but not women is made in the image and likeness of god"
"red wine vinegar pimples"
"2007 50 sexist woman" I assume they intended to type "sexiest", but I had to laugh
"a peaceful meaningful pagan christmas"
"can a hostess throw a person off a airplane" hostess???
"advice expectation from a submissive woman from a master"
"laws prohibiting women from eating chocolate in public" this is just scary
"names of women who have done something great in 2007"

and (Jemila) just so you know, the top three keyword searches that land people here are 1. Emerging Women, 2. Emergent Women, and 3. Butt Sex.

Labels:

 
posted by Julie at 1:51 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


16 Comments:


  • At 12/29/2007 05:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    You are soooo kidding!! BUTT SEX????

    that is humiliating.

    I need a paper bag ...

    What is the world coming to ... butt sex ... I must be getting old now. And tired. That just sucks.

     
  • At 12/29/2007 05:49:00 PM, Blogger Lydia

    I would love to hear what sort of things you all would like to see for Emerging Women

    I'd love to see some interviews with various EW posted. They could be on a certain monthly theme, or maybe they could be of the "let's talk about your spiritual journey thus far" variety.

    And I'm willing to participate in one as an interviewer or interviewee. :)

    On a completely unrelated note...

    "husband wife switch bodies

    In one episode of a rather, er, unique science-fiction series called LEXX, the male and female characters temporarily switch genders and genitals. The women grow man-parts and the men grow women-parts.

    And then the women begin to act like stereotypical men, becoming very interested in sex and attempting to convince the men that they should have some. (The men have no interest in trying out their new organs, for some reason.)

    I found it to be hilarious. I also wondered what it would be like to switch "roles" for one day...but that's a discussion for another day. :D

     
  • At 12/30/2007 02:00:00 PM, Blogger Betsy Whaley

    Thanks for posting this Julie. I laughed out loud..."red wine vinegar pimples" and "butt sex"???? I guess "emerging" women could mean a variety of different things but I won't go there. Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this blog Julie. I'm not sure what I would like to see but I wonder if we could do something on occasion like the "Friday Five" that Revgalblogpals does. Questions that folks can post answers to on their own blogs and then link to the comments section of the post. Participating in that has been a great way to become acquainted with other women in religious vocations and it has brought a lot of visitors to my blog as well. Just a thought. Blessings in the coming year.

     
  • At 12/30/2007 06:06:00 PM, Blogger Jemila Kwon

    Wow Julie, I'm full of the warm fuzzies. I just knew that post would draw people to the Lord...I guess I've always felt more sympathetic toward unchurched people anyway :)

    Sonja, I wrote a post a while back on homesexuality and our need to get over it as a such a huge issue when their are bigger fish to fry regardless of one's personal view. I titled it Butt Sex for effect/shock value and because I was in one of my silly moods.

     
  • At 12/30/2007 06:53:00 PM, Blogger Trish Ryan

    Now I'm wondering what James Robison thinks of Eat, Pray, Love...

    When I was looking for a review, he never even came to mind :)

     
  • At 12/30/2007 07:34:00 PM, Blogger Betsy Whaley

    Whatever James Robinson thinks, I loved that book {Eat, Pray, Love). I picked it up because it had a recommendation from Anne LaMott, whom I love, and I was quite captivated by it. I would recommend it to anyone who is a spiritual seeker. The answers she found may not be the same as the ones I have found but I love that she took time to go on a pilgrimage to find them.

     
  • At 12/30/2007 07:47:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Jemila ... hahahaha ... I must've missed that post. Or I ignored the title. Now I really need a paper bag. LOL ...

     
  • At 12/30/2007 09:13:00 PM, Blogger Jemila Kwon

    Betsy I like the way you put that.

    Sonja, sending you a virtual paper bag :)

     
  • At 12/30/2007 09:14:00 PM, Blogger Jemila Kwon

    BTW, Lydia, I like your idea of featuring a different Emerging Woman each month. And interesting about the sci-fi...DH and I have had some funny conversations along those lines :)

     
  • At 12/30/2007 10:21:00 PM, Blogger Julie

    I like these ideas.

     
  • At 12/31/2007 09:38:00 AM, Blogger Nancy

    Well, it was Jemila's post on Butt Sex that got me started here.

     
  • At 12/31/2007 02:13:00 PM, Blogger linda

    "god i'm growing a second butt"

    :)) too funny.

     
  • At 1/01/2008 06:33:00 AM, Blogger Pragmatic Mystic

    HAHAHAHAHA! That just made my New Year's Day - brilliant! I agree with Lydia - interviews with various EWs would be fascinating.

    Books, hmmm. Perhaps Rachel Remen's "Kitchen Table Wisdom" or "My grandfather's blessings" - as a Catholic, books with titles like "The real Mary" immediately throw up resistance; but I suspect the bigger issue is that I have theology burnout, having worked in a theological library. What about things that really push our comfort zones, like Pema Chodron? I can't remember if it was here that I heard about "Around Sarah's table", a book about Jewish women going to a weekly Torah study, but that was wonderful, if we haven't done it.

    Just a few thoughts.

    "50 sexist women" - brilliant. Blimmin' brilliant.

    Happy 2008, all. Ixx

     
  • At 1/02/2008 06:53:00 AM, Blogger Pragmatic Mystic

    What about...

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Womans-Journey-God-Joan-Borysenko/dp/1573228354/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1199278262&sr=8-1

    Again, perhaps you've done this one before I joined, if so, sorry - but it looks good.

    Ixx

     
  • At 1/07/2008 10:32:00 PM, Blogger Sensuous Wife

    (sputter) (giggle)
    I sure am glad I had just sat my water glass on the table before I read this article. Woulda sprayed the monitor for sure.

     
  • At 1/14/2008 08:00:00 PM, Blogger medium guy

    "Christian statistics lust bra straps" So are we looking for data on how visualized bra straps spur lust in the Christian community? And I wonder if the person who entered "...For my sissy son" gave up and tried to be matchmaker with "Strong women seeking sissy men"