!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Friday, December 14, 2007
Weekly Round-up - Holiday Hiatus
It's December. There exists a strange phenomenon that during the month of December women bloggers disappear. The men continue blogging like it is any other month, but there is a distinct drop-off in new posts or comments by women. So instead of trying to pull together an anemic weekly round-up over the next few weeks, I've decided to just take a "holiday hiatus." Life is busy and women bear the brunt of that busyness. We adjust and re-emerge as thinking and blogging beings sometime in January after the cookies have been frosted and eaten, the marathon of "special services" run, and the joyous but stressful family gatherings a mere memory.

So today I want to give the opportunity for anyone looking for a short internet sanity break to share whatever they want about the craziness of the holidays. Feel free to vent, boast, complain, share ideas, encourage... say whatever needs to be said. :)

Labels: ,

 
posted by Julie at 12:17 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


3 Comments:


  • At 12/14/2007 01:01:00 PM, Blogger lisa

    The stress of Christmas in the States is nicely absent from my life here in East Africa. However, the familiar feelings, the markers of the season, seem lacking right now as well. I am happy to miss the pandemonium of Christmas, but looking for some familiar things to lead me to the stable as well...

     
  • At 12/14/2007 03:10:00 PM, Blogger Shawna Atteberry

    My Hubby is in Washington D.C. at the National Institutes of Health for continuing care for a liver disease. He has a genetic immune disease, so his main doctors have been there since he was a teenager. There may be a blockage in his liver, but the test they did yesterday was inconclusive, so he's scheduled for another Monday. We would appreciate your prayers.

    I'm going to make gingerbread cookies over the weekend and take them the Chicago up/rooted emergent cohort Monday night. Distractions can be a wonderful thing.

    I have Advent decorations out and our presents are all bought. I will put up our tree and other decorations the Saturday before Christmas. I still haven't decided what we're eating. This is the first Christmas we've been on our own and haven't been traveling to see family. I've never had to worry about food before.

     
  • At 12/14/2007 08:49:00 PM, Blogger Jeanine Byers

    I've been feeling inspired to post almost every day this month, so far. Feels good to put my thoughts down in journal form and it seems to be deepening my gratitude this season!