!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Friday, February 16, 2007
Marion and the Princess
Hi, I hope no one minds me putting a wee advertisement up here but my short film, 'Marion and the Princess', is playing in Chicago and New York in the coming weeks and I wanted to let people know about it.

I wrote and directed the film which is about a little girl who goes to extraordinary lengths to meet Princess Grace on her first official visit to Ireland in 1961. The film was cofunded by the Irish Film Board and TG4, the Irish language TV station here. It's in the Irish language with English subtitles.

It's really exciting for me that it's getting an outing in North America, so if you want to catch it and cheer it on here's where it's showing;

Beverly Arts Centre 2407 West 111th St, Chicago
March 4th at 2pm
Entrance fee $10

2nd ANNUAL KIDS FILM FLEAH
Presented by THE CRAIC & The Irish Arts Center
553 West 51st Street, NYC
March 10th at 11:30am

There is also going to be a screening in Montreal but I don't have the details of that as yet. If any of you manage to see it, do let me know.
 
posted by Miz Melly at 6:57 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


6 Comments:


  • At 2/16/2007 09:40:00 AM, Blogger Janice

    Congrats and best to ya'!

     
  • At 2/16/2007 10:40:00 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Congrats - that is so cool!

    I'm in the Chicago area. Is this something I could bring a child to?

     
  • At 2/16/2007 03:04:00 PM, Blogger Amy

    That's really neat! Congratulations!

     
  • At 2/16/2007 03:40:00 PM, Blogger Miz Melly

    "Is this something I could bring a child to?"

    My particular film is very child friendly. You might want to check out the whole programme on their site to see if it's suitable.

    The little girls in our film are 8 and 10 and completely adorable! Real little stars!!! So other children might well enjoy their story.

    Thanks for all the well wishes - I'm super excited about it.

     
  • At 2/19/2007 03:58:00 AM, Blogger enormous

    Hey M,

    Comhghairdeas! That's great news! Will you be attending yourself? On a personal note, my laptop went belly up and I've lost all those ones and zeros - can you email me your contact details? Thanks
    RS

     
  • At 3/12/2007 12:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hello,

    Congratulations on your film ! I saw it Friday past, at the CineGael showing, in Montreal....I totally loved it, as I was ( am ) such a fan of Princess Grace, and I identified so well with Marion !! Then, the Monaco footage brought tears to my eyes, as I recalled my first trip there, after Grace's death. I put flowers at the crypt, and went to Princess Grace Irish Library.....I was walking in Marion's shoes ! Thank you for such a brillant piece of
    film making.