!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Friday, December 29, 2006
The year ends
Hello all.

No weekly round-up this week. I think most of us are still in the post-christmas coma and have yet to truly venture back into the blogging world. I'm not quite ready to return to normal everyday life. I still have lots of cookies left over and we even called the city to find out exactly how long we could wait to take down the tree and still have the city cart it away for us... I haven't let the panic set in that I have to actually fit into a bathing suit for my toddlers swim lessons which start next week (now who's idiot idea was it to sign up for those right after the holidays!!!) - life is just on hold. I've been trying to work on the EW Midwest gathering stuff - so be expecting to hear more about that soon, but its still a slow, lazy week.

I have been in the mood for reflection on this past year. I wasted a lot of time cateloging on my blog all the books I read last year (here), so now I wanted to reflect on EW blog stuff.

Since the Emerging Women blog was created back in May we've had over 18,000 hits from over 40 countries. We have 48 members and this is post #218. I'm always interested in how people find this blog. There are the obvious links from other sites (thanks to everyone who links here!) and personal recommendations, but what are really fun are the google searches that land people here. Of course there are the fair share of searches for "women in the emerging church" or similar such phrases and the searches for topics that land people on particular posts ("mark driscoll controversy" gets us a lot of hits). Our recent holiday cookie post has received a ton of hits as people search for recipes - especially for "peanut (and penut) butter balls". Other more "questionable/interesting" searches get us hits as well. Recent ones for "strip clubs" and "bahamas massage" have brought visitors. Jemila your "butt sex" topic has been a popular draw ;). Then there was the one for "large mature women with tails" that got us a hit - I really don't even want to know. I often find the keyword analysis amusing, so I just thought I'd share.

Anyway - looking ahead. I'm still planning to switch over to the new blogger on Jan 1. So if things are a bit weird at first, just be patient as we work out the kinks. Our next book discussion will open on Jan. 15 and we will be discussing Sue Monk Kidd's Dance of the Dissident Daughter. If you want to get your own copy, the reprint was just released this week so it now easier to find in retail bookstores. I read it a few years ago and am excited to reread it with you guys. And as I mentioned above more information and registration for the Midwest Emerging Women Gathering will be posted very soon - so be thinking about that.

As we end 2006 and move into a new year what is on your minds? Reflecting on this past year - what stands out? How did God work in your life? How did you serve in the Kingdom? How was your world/faith/theology expanded or challenged? If you want, share your resolutions and goals for 2007. How do you want to grow this year? What do you want to learn or achieve? What are your hopes and dreams?

I'm eager to hear where you all are at.

Blessings and Shalom for the New Year.

Julie
emergingwomen@gmail.com

Labels:

 
posted by Julie at 5:16 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


5 Comments:


  • At 12/29/2006 11:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Happy New Year Julie. Rest up.

     
  • At 12/30/2006 01:05:00 AM, Blogger Unknown

    Thanks for starting this Julie, it has been a great blessing to me this last year. I look forward to the next year. I have started reading the book, and I think I relate so much already. I look forward to the discussion. Happy New Year to All!

     
  • At 12/30/2006 12:28:00 PM, Blogger Amy

    Happy New Year to all of you.

    Thanks for asking the questions, Julie. For me, 2006 was a year of new ideas and new challenges. This year marked my first tentative steps in exploring emerging church thought and practices. I've also been challenged as I attempt to balance family and ministry. That as well as a lot of "stuff" going on amongst family and close friends which has added a heaviness to this year.

    I have numerous goals for 2007. Primarily, though, I want to walk in peace with God and develop an atmosphere in our home that surrounds our family with love, laughter and creativity.

     
  • At 12/31/2006 01:59:00 PM, Blogger Sally

    It's been good to join the conversation from the UK, peace and blessings to all...

    ... I simply want to be less judgemental and to grow in grace in 2007

     
  • At 1/01/2007 09:11:00 PM, Blogger Jemila Kwon

    I think I am realizing how difficult it is to live the Serenity Prayer and how many situations call for it doing just that...I've started doing a bit of meditation and yoga, which I also use as centering time on God/Christ as a way to begin bringing my physical responses to difficult situations and people more under control so that I can be more attuned the spirit. I am a beginner.

    I am so grateful for my kids -- for what they teach me about getting over my ego, and showing me what it means to love someone for who they are...and the instrinsic, natural rewards that come from practicing that kind of Presence and love.

    My goals?

    1. Try to enjoy as much as possible what will probably be my last pregnancy. Be present to life and God and the people I love.

    2 Be more open to loving the people I don't currently love.

    3.Decide whether and when to reapply to Princeton Seminary, which rejected my twice (off the record I was told it was not because of my academic or ministry qualifications, but because of my "controversial personal history.")

    4.Forgive Princeton and other Christian institutions and individuals that have hurt me.

    5.Chill on the sugar intake

    In Summary, I pray this year I will laugh, love & live, breathing in and out God's goodness everywhere I find myself.