!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> Emerging Women .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Friday, December 15, 2006
tech stuff
I'm not sure if everyone is aware, but blogger will, at some point, require every blog to switch over to beta. Just fyi :)

I also wanted to give a heads up that I am shutting down in his courts (long story, maybe I'll share some day) and so I'd like to pick up my blogging here. I'll probably connect my user name with thethinplaces.blogspot.com since I'll be blogging poetry and such there.

thanks :)

Labels:

 
posted by Makeesha at 12:05 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


5 Comments:


  • At 12/15/2006 01:03:00 AM, Blogger Julie

    I'm going to look into the new blogger after the craziness of the holidays ends. I'm still not sure how it all works for group blogs...

    And I would love to have your voice here more. Let me know how you would like me to change your info on the sidebar.

     
  • At 12/15/2006 09:22:00 AM, Blogger Makeesha

    You can just link me to that blogger address www.thethinplaces.blogspot.com and please remove Revolution. Thanks :)

    as for beta, first, you have to actually have that option to switch when you log in. If you don't, the discussion is moot anyway.

    as far as I know, if you switch over to beta, everyone else who blogs here has to as well - or has to blog here from a beta account. My thin places blog is a beta blog. But since everyone else is going to need to switch to beta eventually anyway, we might as well just get it over with.

     
  • At 12/15/2006 11:45:00 AM, Blogger Nancy

    "switch over to beta"...please translate? And please forgive the technically challenged one that I am...

     
  • At 12/15/2006 12:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Hi Nancy... Blogger is rolling out a new way to manage our blogs called "beta" for now. I think it two basic steps... 1) upgrading your profile & the way you manage your blogs & 2) upgrading each site's template. As soon as you do the first, any other contributors who haven't upgraded will need to to keep posting. Kind of a headache, but definitely survivable.

    Makeesha, I'll read ya wherever you post, sister! Life & peace.

     
  • At 12/15/2006 04:37:00 PM, Blogger Nancy

    Thanks, John. I don't have my own blog and so that is probably why this all sounded foreign to me.